Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hi.  We received good news today!  Even tho' our "friendly" judge is out of town this week, he apparently left instructions (or whatever one calls that in legal-speak) and we have been put on his schedule for 10:00am Monday morning for finalization of our adoption!  Yay!!!  Of course, there is much more to happen after that, but this is THE most important step (as far as we know).  He helped us out after all.  Again, YAY!!!  We celebrated with a pizza dinner...I know, not very Ecuadorian, but we went out for a swanky seafood and wine dinner last night...we needed it after the day we had.  The kids LOVE pizza, and Annie is "Ecuadorian food-ed" out.  All Jim and I cared about was that we received this call.  Soooooo, everyone was happy.

We're trying to get a flight to Quito for the weekend so we can enjoy some kid-friendly sights like the zoo and amusement parks.  We put the kids to bed and tried calling the airlines.  We didn't realize they closed at 8pm and it was 7:55.  We were put on hold and well...you get the  picture.  We'll try again tomorrow. 

Unfortunately, we were hoping to meet up with another family that is currently in Quito in the same stages as we are in our adoption, but they will also be enjoying some time out of town.  We'll try again another time.  The wonderful thing is that they live only 30-40 minutes from us in the states.  I belong to a Yahoo support group for Ecuadorian adoptions and I found another three families, besides ourselves that all live about 40 minutes in one direction or another.  How nice is that ?!?!

Sooooo, the plan for Monday...lots of smiles, happiness...and kill 'em with kindness, as very trusted and loved friends have advised.  They've never steered me wrong in the lifetime I have known them.  I'm so blessed.  God is good.

Of note, my five year old recited two prayers to me, in Spanish.  She says they recite them everyday in school before lunch.  How beautiful.  She is not in a religious school at all, yet they recite prayers before meals for those who want to participate.  That would never happen back home.  Those of you who know me well, know that I have a very strong faith that has seen me through life.  I'm so happy she gets to experience this which is so different from school in the states.  Amen.

Love,
Lisandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.