Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 34 - Back at Home

Jim here.  Well, I know Lisandra and the kids have had a long day.  It's been a long day as well here at home.  Lots to do to get ready for the arrival.  Today's is Saturday, and I am hosting a national conference at work next Tuesday through Sunday.  So I have little time to finish getting Alejandro's room ready.

Today was the day to finish cleaning out the room (which is a small bedroom I used to store all my work clothes, get dressed for work, and generally store everything else that can't go outside in the shed).

With the help of Poppa, Grandma, and Uncle Tony we cleaned out everything, repaired drywall, painted the entire room from baseboards to the ceilings, cleaned the carpets, and put together the toddler bed!  We're all exhausted, but glad we accomplished so much today.

On to tomorrow -- shampoo the carpets, put shelves back on the walls, hang the picture of a monkey Annie drew for baby brother, and other stuff.

Then I'll write the speech I have to give Monday to a group of 300 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.