Whew. Yesterday was an exhausting day. Exhilarating, and exhausting. We started by getting Annie up an hour earlier than she is used to. School starts at 7:30am here. Ouch...for all of us. Our rep came to get us via taxi to drop Annie off at school and pick up the Dragon Lady. That's my new name for her...you know the one. She knew that we had been to see Alejandro the day before. She didn't seem phased and was polite. I did my best to schmooze as we spoke in Spanish about the similarities of Puerto Rican and Ecuadorian traditions and foods. She was happiest to hear that we were going to maintain spanish traditions from both cultures, and this would not be lost in Alejandro. She seemed intrigued, especially about the vegetables we PRs like from the island that are near impossible to find where I live in Maryland. Yautia, yame, malanga, pana, yucca, etc. I pick those up in New York whenever I can. I guess we hadn't pissed her off too much the prior day.
We arrived at Pequenitos de OSSO, and were again greeted by the coordinator and the social worker. They welcomed us with open arms and kisses. The staff had a brief private meeting with Dragon Lady. I was later told she scolded them, and would not stay for an explanation. My rep seemed unnerved, and told us all not to be concerned. I trust her judgement without hesitation.
More later...
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.