Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 6

We had a pretty good day. 

Today was Alejandro's first full day with us...or our first full day with Alejandro, depending on your perspective.  He is beautiful!  I know, we all think that of all our children, and I am no different...so I am going to throw that in there every once in a while ;-)

We woke up early to Annie with a bad cold.  She will not be deterred from going to her new school.  I leave the boys alone for the morning...aka, Jim and Alejandro.  This will be good for both of them.  Jim is such a great dad, and come to realize, the first dad that Alejandro has known.  The social worker says, that he has known many mothers, the tias.  But, has never known a father or father figure until he met Jim.  It is evident that he really likes Jim.  He took to him very early.  Me, not so much at first.  After all, I had the Tias to compete with, and that's a hard thing to beat in his life.  I'm so grateful for them.  They were first to show him the love of a mother.  He knows what to expect of that.  I'm guessing he's not so sure of what to expect of a Papi, or Daddy.  He's obviously willing to find out.  He has no idea that he has just been given the gift of a world's greatest dad.  Just ask Annalise, she'll tell you.

After dropping Annie off to school in a cab, I go to the supermarket...waaaaayyyy too early.  Bummer.  I look for a panaderia and coffee shop.  Lo and behold, I find a block and a half away...a school supply store (just received Annie's list this morning) / (slash) internet cafe.  Well, if I couldn't fuel one vice, coffee, then at least I could fulfill another...internet. 

I finally get home after shopping.  Our little boy has had a great morning with Papi.  Aaaaaahhh.  This is going better than expected for day two with him. 

I call the social worker to reassure her how well he is doing.  I'm sure they are DYING to know that he is well, but do not call us in order to give us personal space with him.  I respect them highly for that.  I know it must be hard.  The social worker and coordinator's office is only steps from my littly guys "house" and they see all the children daily.  They take personal interest in Alejandro as if he were their own.  He is in fact, in a way.  They are very protective.  I love that.  They worry that it may offend me.  Not at all.  I WANT someone to look after my little boy, and all his buddies with personal interest.  I much prefer them being intrusive, than uncaring. 

Our representative calls us.  Did I mention that my little boy is BEAUTIFUL?!?!  Yes, I can say that about a boy. 

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.