I am finally able to join the world of the living at 1:25 in the afternoon. Not only did Annie's cold get far worse yesterday, but today I awoke with a bad stomach...lots of pain and other unmentionables. We've all eaten the same foods and so far everyone else is fine. We take care to use bottled or boiled water for everything and eat cooked vegetables and fruit with skins. I bought an organic solution called "StarBac" made from grapefruit extract. It's used to wash fruits and veggies. Like I said, everyone else seems to be fine.
There is a holistic clinic that is attached to the apartment building. They gave me some floral concoction that has finally taken away my symptoms. That, and ginger tea that I made by boiling ginger root in water seems to have done the trick.
Annie stayed home from school today. She's a mess. Luckilly I packed with us all the children's cold and allergy over the counter meds I could think of. She's a little better. She got a little sleep last night after the housekeeper brought me some fresh camomille from the back yard. I made her a tea. Her first hot tea. She wasn't pleased, to say the least.
Yesterday, the owner of the establishment baked Alejandro an amazing cake...chocolate with walnuts and coconut. Mmmmm. Maybe that's what did me in. After his nap, we went to the courtyard and gathered the neighbors that were around that we have gotten to know. They are dying to see him, but have kept their distance at our request because new faces make him very nervous.
He's totally ok with the 6 or so people around us. After all, this involves cake! He opens some toys that my thoughtful coworkers bought him and we have wrapped up. He immediately gives them to daddy to assemble. Candles. Singing. Pictures. Cake. Fun! Poor Annie was sick though.
Stomach ache is back. Going to go lay down again. Darn.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.